Monday, January 18, 2016

First Snow Of The Season

Ben got his wish for snow just 3 days after Christmas! Ben could NOT wait to go get out in it! He asked me if I would take his picture outside eating snow! I of course said yes but before I could even did his snow gear out and grab my camera he was out the door...in his jammies! I just love seeing that look of pure joy on his face as he grabbed a huge pile of snow to eat! He lasted about 20 minutes before he got cold and came in! But he made me fill 3 bowl of snow before he came in so he and the babies could have snow for a late morning snack! Vince turned them into real snow-cones when he added snow-cone syrup to them! Ben and Abby couldn't get enough but Will wasn't impressed.
After quiet time the snow had really started to stack up and Ben was itching to go back out and sled. One of the perks of living on the 15th hole of a golf course is that we have great sledding hills right in our back yard! So I got Ben all bundled up and Vince & him set out to sled! Abby woke up a few minutes later so I bundled her up and took her outside. She was super cautious about walking outside but once she did you could see the wonder in her eyes! She had never seen such a sight (well that she remembered anyway) and thought it was the coolest thing ever! I took her over to sled with Ben and she had the biggest smile on her face!
Finally Will woke up so I bundled him up and took him outside. He immediately started throwing snow! His mitten fell off and he kept saying "oh sock oh sock" it was too cute! We then did a little more sledding and Vince & Ben had the first snowball fight of the season. I had gotten Ben a snowball maker and much to my surprise it did a great job!
 Ben would have stayed out for days had I let him but I enticed him with hot chocolate so he agreed to some in!

No comments:

Post a Comment