Sunday, January 17, 2016

Christmas Traditions

I was so excited that Ben was off school the week leading up to Christmas-I had all these great ideas in my head of all the fun things we would do. Of course nothing goes as planned. Tuesday I had planned on taking the babies to GG & Grandma's so Ben and I could have a special day but Will woke up and threw up so I knew our special day wasn't going to happen. I was not about to expose anyone to whatever bug he had caught. But turns out it was just a fluke-after less than an hour Will had bounced back to his normal high energy self. GG graciously offered to take the gamble and came over to watch the babies so Ben and I could still do a few of our traditions. Ben and I wasted no time! We pulled out our gingerbread house and got right to work! First up was making some trees for our scene! Ben did a great job icing the ice-cream cones and decorating them! He was so proud of himself! Then it was time to start on our gingerbread house-this kid did a great job! He of course test tasted each kind of candy.
Next up was making cookies for Santa. Ben had asked if we could make gingerbread cookies- I have never made them but said of course we can buddy! And I can say that we will for sure be making them again-the house smelled so good! Ben helped me cut out all our shapes and put them on the cookie sheet. We had 2 trays full when Ben asked if he could take over and some "make his own recipe" so I handed over the remaining dough and let him go to town. He added all the leftover candy from the gingerbread house into his recipe! As our first 2 cookie sheets came out of the oven I dropped a whole sheet of freshly baked cookies onto the kitchen floor. Sigh. Oh well we had one sheet left and of course we had Ben's special batch left. So we baked Ben's batch and then waited from them all to cool so we could decorate! After quiet time Ben and I got to decorating and then Will woke up from his snoozer and helped us finish up. Ben did an excellent job decorating all our gingerbread cookies! He was so proud of himself!






No comments:

Post a Comment