Thursday, December 26, 2013

Tape

The following took place a few weeks back but I want to make sure I never forget it because it was a classic toddler Ben moment...

Ben had seen a commercial for a holiday special of one of his most favorite shows...Paw Patrol. It was a good 4 days before this special was set to air but of course Ben doesn't fully understand the concept of what 4 days means. I told him that we could tape it when it came on that Thursday at 7pm meaning I would record it on our dvr box. A few minutes later he came into the dining room where I had our present wrapping station all set up and asked for a piece of tape. This was nothing out of the ordinary as he always asks for pieces of scotch tape when he sees the tape out and he likes to stick it on  paper or himself. But this morning he took the pieces I gave him and grabbed his step stool and headed back into the playroom. About a minute later he came running back to me saying "ok mommy I taped it-I taped it-now can we watch Christmas Paw Patrol?!?!?". I walked into the playroom and this is what I saw...
He had literally taped the tv! Poor guy just didn't understand why he couldn't watch Christmas Paw Patrol since he had taped it. I'm starting to realize just how complicated the English language is to learn and to teach!

No comments:

Post a Comment