Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Brother.

We have been pretty lucky up until now to have had only one scare this pregnancy and that was early on at about 5 1/2 weeks pregnant and that scare led us to find out we were having twins. Things have been relatively quiet since then. But yesterday brother (baby b) gave us our second scare of this pregnancy. I had not felt him move since Sunday afternoon but sister had been active as usual. When it comes to brother and feeling movement it has always been less than sister because of where his placenta is situated. Early on we learned that he has an anterior placenta and sister has a posterior placenta. Meaning that brothers placenta is at the front of my uterus while sisters is at the back. It doesn't mean anything as far as the health or safety of the babies just that its harder for me to feel brother moving since the placenta serves as a cushion between him and my tummy. So needless to say I'm use to feeling more action on my left side but I always feel brother at least once or twice a day. So Tuesday morning when I woke up and sister was going crazy like usual but I still wasn't feeling brother I was a bit concerned. So I ate a big bowl of fruit loops hoping to give them a sugar rush and I texted Vince and Natalie both of which said to call the doctor. So after I dropped Ben off at school I called and fully expected the nurse to tell me it wasn't a big deal but instead she said I need to come in for an ultrasound. This is when I got really scared. I called Vince and we were off to the doctor. Luckily as soon as the tech started the ultrasound she saw brother and he was alive & well just moving all around without a care in the world. My scared tears turned to happy tears and Vince finally could breathe! Since I was on the table already the tech did a once over on both babies and they both got clean bills of health. Sister is now breech-that girl has been head down since 12 weeks but now at 22 weeks she decided to flip. Fingers and toes crossed she resumes her vertex position soon. Brother was head down but that doesn't matter as far as delivery goes and that kids flip flops all the time. So between the anterior placenta and him being head down we think that is why I wasn't feeling him. So brother is now grounded until further notice for scaring us to death!
                                                                   Brother
                                                                  Sister
                                                               Both Babies
                                       Sisters Profile               Brothers Profile

No comments:

Post a Comment