Sunday, December 1, 2013

P.O.T.T.Y. T.R.A.I.N.I.N.G

I had good intentions of potty training Ben in August before school started back up. But I hadn't planned on becoming pregnant with twins, having severe morning sickness or Ben breaking his arm. So needless to say I didn't accomplish my goal. So after Ben's cast came off and we were done with his birthday celebrations we got right down to it. We started last Saturday morning and haven't looked back. All in all I must say he did/is doing great! Saturday we turned up the heat and had a pant less toddler drinking anything he wanted and eating as many salty snacks as he wanted. We set the timer for every 15 minutes to make a trip to the potty. Going pee-pee scored him a mini m&m, poop scored him a gummy worm and going to the potty before the timer goes off scored him a marshmallow. I had no idea how fast 15 minutes can go by-I felt like all we did was run to the potty. Sunday we pushed it to 20 minutes and Monday 30 minutes. Ben has only had a handful of accidents which make us so proud of him! I am so glad to be done with that damn timer! I put a potty in my truck so when we are out and about he can go and we don't have to worry about making it to a public bathroom if there is not one near. Tuesday will be his first day diaper free at school as I didn't send him last week since we were only on day 4 of training. Hopefully it goes well! He is in pull-ups for nap time which are almost always dry! And a nighttime diaper at night which is normally a little wet by morning but he runs to the bathroom as soon as he wakes up! I must admit I am kinda excited to have a diaper free house for a few months before we are on double diaper duty!

No comments:

Post a Comment