Friday, February 22, 2013

Snow Day

Yesterday we woke up to a good 6+ inches of snow and it was still coming down and coming down fast until about noon. Luckily Vince had changed his flight last minute and made it back from PA before the storm hit. So we got to have a fun snow day! Ben started off by having a bowl of snow for breakfast! As I type this he is on his second helping today!
After breakfast I decided to pull out this tub of beans that I had and had been waiting for a special day to pull it out for him. It is just an Ikea baby bathtub full of beans from Costco and random kitchen items from the dollar store-nothing to exiting. So I wasn't sure if he would like it or if it would even get more than 5 minutes of play time before he moved on to something else. I was pleasantly surprised though because he played with it all day (except when we were outside playing of course)! And when Vince put it away for the night he cried. And first thing this morning he ran into the playroom and asked me "where my beans at mommy?" so I went and brought them back out for him today since it looks like it will be another snow day for Ben & I!
After Ben's nap we went outside to "help" Vince shovel the driveway. There was a good 10 inches on the ground and Ben would get stuck unless he stayed to the shoveled part of the driveway! He had fun shoveling and eating the snow! I took him on a quick stroll of the neighborhood on his sled since they hadn't plowed yet and then it was time to go in and warm up! Almost as soon as Vince got done shoveling it started to snow again and I think we got a good inch or two making our total right around 12 inches for this storm!
                                         "Put me down Daddy-I need to go play"

No comments:

Post a Comment