Wednesday, April 20, 2016

The Rupps Take On Phoenix

The Thursday before Spring Break I was talking to Vince on my way to drop the kids off at school-I told him I was bummed that we decided not to go to Marco this year for Spring Break. He said he agreed. He said half jokingly that we could tag along on his work trip to Phoenix on Monday. I laughed and said well sure! But if we did we needed to leave Saturday since the babies turned 2 on Sunday! We hung up and I didn't think much more about it as I continued to drop kids off at school. Then as I was pulling out of the Rolling Hills parking lot he called and asked what time I wanted to fly out Saturday?!?!? I thought he was kidding but he wasn't! Since Abby & Will's donut party was scheduled for 10am on Saturday I said we needed to leave that afternoon. And then boom it was done! I now had less than 48 hours to get the donut party together AND pack a family of 5 for a last minute Spring Break trip! I have since learned that the less time I have to pack the better-I packed just what we needed and didn't have time to add more and more stuff to the pile!

The flight wasn't awful but it wasn't that great. Luckily it was nonstop! Vince & I passed babies back and forth over the aisle (we couldn't all sit in the same row since each row only has 4 oxygen masks) and pulled out every snack, trick & treat we had! But we made it! I am not a fan of the Phoenix airport-its a nightmare trying to get to the rental car facility. But once we got there, found our car (aka minivan), installed 3 car seats, changed 2 diapers, loaded luggage, loaded the stroller and loaded the hotel into Maps we were on our way! It was getting late as we approached the hotel and everyone was hungry. So we spotted an In-N-Out Burger and stopped in to give out kids their very first ever In-N-Out burger! After we filled our tummies we stopped for a few essentials like soy milk, water & wine and then checked in. Luckily we got up graded to a suite because there was no way we were all fitting in a standard room! We got to our room, unpacked and put the kids to bed. Then Vince & I enjoyed a glass of wine out on our balcony-Cheersing to the fact we survived getting us to Phoenix!


No comments:

Post a Comment