Friday, April 15, 2016

Dad Retires

The end of February marked the end of Dad's work chapter! His office threw his a very heartfelt goodbye party and they even invited us to come! Ben made BaPa a sign and was so excited to bring it to the party! The babies were both sick and had to stay home. Aunt Becky graciously volunteered to watch them so Vince & I could both go to the party! It's not very often you get to celebrate one of your parents lifetime achievements. I was so happy to help celebrate my Dad close the work chapter and move on to the retirement chapter! After the party we went to dinner and a few days later had another celebration for him at The Bristol! The boys and I wrote a toast to read to Dad at the Bristol. Then Mom framed them for him so he never forgets how much we appreciate all the years he sacrificed to give us the wonderful life we had!


On this day we get to toast you, Dad. We toast in celebration of your retirement and we toast the wonderful role model you have been for your children & grandchildren. We toast to the roadmap of strength, determination and sacrifice you have laid out for us. I can only hope that I can live up to your roadmap and that my children will be as proud of me as I am of you. Your countless sacrifices are never forgotten as I look back on my childhood and see all that it afforded me. Dad, I will never be able to find the words to express what an honor it is to be your daughter. And finally we toast to your next chapter. The chapter full of more father/daughter lunches, more play time with your grandchildren and new adventures in teaching, learning and volunteering. I can't wait to see what this chapter brings for you!
I love you,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment