Friday, December 23, 2011

Holiday Traditions

Traditions...I love them! I love all the new and old traditions that we are sharing with Ben! And Christmas cookie baking is one of my favorites! It reminds me of my Grandma Smith and all her yummy goodies she would make every year. This year my mom let each of us 3 kids pick which cookie we wanted her to make. I must have caught her in a good mood because when I asked is her sugar cookies were one of my options she said YES! I know what a pain and how much work they are to make and decorate but they are so so so good! So I said that was my cookie choice for this year. I decided that it wasn't fair to make the poor woman bake and decorate them all by herself so I took Ben over to "help" decorate. The last time she made them for us Ben was only 4 months old and just sat on the table in his bumbo watching us all decorate. I knew he wouldn't really be much help this go around either but it was more important to me for him to be part of this family tradition. Ben wasn't so sure at first but once he figured out he could eat the cookie & frosting he had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment