Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ho Ho Ho Merry Christmas 2011

I hope everyone had as great of a Christmas as we did! It is still hard for me to believe that this is Ben's second Christmas. What a difference a year makes...we had a tiny 6 week old who pretty much slept through the entire holiday and this year we had a never sitting still 13 month old. We decided that it would be easier to take Ben to the least amount of stops possible so we decided to go to Christmas Eve mass at St Thomas More at 5 pm and then head to Vince's Uncle Stan's for Christmas Eve dinner and the annual gift exchange. We weren't quite sure how late we could push Ben but he made it to about 8:00pm before the melting started. And once it started it just kept going so that was our cue to head home. We got home and poor Ben was so exhausted that I had to put his milk & cookies out for Santa.

Christmas morning Ben woke up a tad before 8am. We got him his milk and then it was time for presents! Ben got his first 4 Wheeler. He seems to really like it and even figured out how to drive it by the end of the afternoon. We are still working on the steering but he is only 13 months old! Vince spoiled me rotten as usual. I asked for a kindle and got an iPad! I am having so much fun with it (and so is Ben)!

Once we got done with our Christmas morning we headed over to my parents for Christmas morning part 2! Santa had come to GG & Grandpa McCormack's house too! Such a lucky boy! Ben made it about half way though presents before he needed to go upstairs and take him morning snoozer. He had so much fun opening his presents as well as other people presents!

Vince & I had decided that other than going to my parents on Christmas morning we were going to spend the rest of the day at home. That way Ben was in his own element and could take a nap and go to bed at his normal times and play with all his new toys. We invited Vince's Mom & Jimmy since we has spent Christmas Eve with the Rupp side. And invited my family as well. We ended up with a 3 bonus guests...Carrie,  Mark & Taylor who decided to come up to KC a few days early for Christmas! I asked Vince what he wanted me to make and he thought lasagna would be perfect. So we made meat balls, Italian sausage and lasagna. Everyone else chipped in and brought appetizer's, salad and wine. Perfect! We had a great time with everyone! Sadly I was busy cooking and being a hostess so I don't have a lot of pictures.


No comments:

Post a Comment