Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ben & Santa

We finally took Ben to go see Santa last night! I seems like just yesterday we were standing in line with a sleeping 4 week old to see Santa and here we were again with a 13 month old. Time sure is flying! It felt a bit strange since it was 60 degrees out but that's KC weather for ya! We didn't have high hopes for this picture opp since Ben wasn't a fan of big or baby Jay at the KU game. But pictures with Santa is a tradition so we had to do it. The photographer suggested setting Ben in Santa's chair and then have Santa sneak up behind him to start with. Ben was in no mood to sit in the chair. He screamed and screamed. We gave him his lovey and were able to get a couple pictures until he turned around and saw Santa standing behind him...and the screaming resumed. We decided while we had come this far we had to get a screaming on Santa's lap picture. And that we did! After that traumatic experience we decided that Ben needed to experience Paddy's. This was probably his first and sadly final time at Paddy O'Quigleys. I am still so sad that they are closing next month. It was so weird being there with Ben. I felt like the Babbitt's should be walking in the door any minute, that we needed to order a tray of Brrb's and get "the big table". We had a good dinner and it was way past bedtime so we headed home. I think that is the earliest we have ever left and the shortest amount of time I have ever spent there! I kept trying to get a good pic of Ben at his first Paddy's experience but he was not in the mood but I got one while he did his "mouse face"!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah this reminds me of Jack's first experience with Santa. I will have to dig through my pictures to share with Jack. Merry Christmas. I will see you after Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see that pic! Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete