Sunday, December 11, 2011

13 Months

We now have a 13 month old! Ben is definitely acting like a toddler more than a baby these days. He has almost 10 teeth! 2 of those are his top molars and they have not been easy on him. I really hope they hurry up! He is down to 1 bottle a day. It started with taking the afternoon bottle away then he gave up the nighttime bottle on his own which I thought would be the hardest to take away. So now he has one first thing in the morning. The only reason I haven't taken it away yet is because it is the only time he will drink whole milk.I have tried every sippy cup we own and even bought new ones and he just flat out refuses to drink milk out of them. (we go to the doctor tomorrow for the second half of his flu shot so I am going to ask for suggestions) He loves peanut butter crackers now and mandarin oranges. He has had his first taste of sweets (besides his birthday cake)-cookies! And of course he loves cookies! We packed away the infant carrier a few weeks ago and installed his convertible car seat (and then had it inspected by the Fairway police). He wasn't very happy about it but is getting better. He is still only taking a few steps on his own-I am almost starting to think he knows he can get to where he wants to go faster by crawling. But he did walk through the store Saturday with Vince & I holding his hands. And he thought he was he was hot stuff! His vocabulary is getting bigger each week. He calls Vince Da and me Mama but he rarely says Mama. He calls my mom GG and Miles Doggie. He says up, yeah, hello and hi all the time. He has mastered pointing at what he wants and then yells as he points until you get him what he wants. I could do without the yelling. As the weeks go on he gets more and more "busy" he never stops moving. He wears me out! Thankfully he is still sleeping 13-14 hours a night and taking 2 small naps during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment