Saturday, January 1, 2011

Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Our last night in KC was Wednesday and we were lucky enough to got to the KU game with Dad, Matt, Patrick & Leah. We headed to Lawrence early so we could go eat at Quintons! I can't tell you the last time I had their potato soup in a bread bowl and it was better than I remembered! After dinner we headed to Allen Fieldhouse. It has been a few years since I had been in that magical building and I had forgot how powerful it is! I wish I could describe the feeling but those who have been know what I am talking about! KU had a nice victory over UTA so the home winning streak didn't end on our watch! But the best part by far was when Baby Ben made his debut on the scoreboard! Yes that's right Ben's picture was put up on the scoreboard during a timeout in the second half! At the beginning of the game Vince emailed a picture of Ben in his KU hat and he made the cut and was put up on the screen! Sadly we weren't able to get a picture but maybe next time we go with him he will make it on the screen live! It was so neat to hear Patrick and Matt yell when they saw Ben on the screen! Unfortunately Dad and Leah missed his debut but 4 out of 6 of us catching it isn't bad!

Pre-Game Pic


Pre-Game Dinner at Quintons





Kansas Jayhawks

No comments:

Post a Comment