Thursday, January 6, 2011

Happy Birthday Miles!

December 31st was Miles' 6th birthday! I can't believe he is 6 years old. Vince gave him to me for Valentines Day in 2005 and that just seems like yesterday. He has been on quite a journey with us...4 houses, 3 cities, 2 states and a baby! Miles is such a character he has to have his Octi (stuffed octopus) with his at all times! We have them on every floor of the house, in the cars and he has a special outside Octi. He also loves road trips, hotels, and elevators! And he knows when his "diaper bag" comes out that one or all of these things are going to happen. We even took him to NYC with us a few years ago and he had a blast! Frisbee, walks and running on the trails are his favorite activities-weather permitting. On Saturday mornings he goes with Vince to Starbucks and to wash my truck. He loves it! He is so stinkin' smart that sometimes drives me nuts. He is such a great "helper" all day! He has to have jobs all day or he goes crazy. He seems to really love Baby Ben! I can't wait and see how their relationship will continue to grow! I love him so much and can't imagine that he won't be with us one day.

Vince got up early on Friday to go pick him up from the kennel (we got in to late to pick him up on Thursday). After his bath we all hung out and played. After our dinner we gave him his birthday cake. I had bought it for him at Land of Paws while we were in KC. I even put it on our traditional red "you are special plate"-which totally freaked him out. So I took it off the plate and put it on the floor which he was still confused about so I took the cake and put it in his bowl. Apparently this was finally the right spot because he ate his birthday cake and seemed to really like it! We also got him a Jayhawk cookie but waited until the next night for him to enjoy that treat!



No comments:

Post a Comment