Monday, June 20, 2016

Get Your Ice Cold Lemonade!

Well its no surprise that Ben literally couldn't stand that his newly finished lemonade stand was just sitting in the garage and wasn't out at the end of our driveway yet! So Friday night we went to Target and got all the supplies he needed so he was ready to go bright & early Saturday morning. Again not a surprise he was up and ready to go at 7:30am! We convinced him to eat a little breakfast which he ate at warp speed! As soon as he ate he asked me to help him cut up the lemons & strawberries for his special lemonade-I of course was eager to help! As soon as we were done cutting we made his lemonade and headed out to the driveway. I'll be honest I wasn't quite sure how much business he would actually get-I remember spending countless hours at a card table in my parents yard and making a whopping $5. But I was hopeful that maybe some of the golfers would stop on the way to the clubhouse and I had a good feeling that some of the grandparents may stop by! But Ben didn't have to wait long that's for sure! In fact his "first sale" was a guy who gave him a dollar but didn't even want any lemonade-that really confused Ben but he was thrilled to have made some "paper money"! Ben was busy busy busy from that point forward! The poor kid barely had more than a minute or two to sit down in between customers! The absolute best part was when a walker would walk by and say "oh I wish I had some money on me because I'd love a glass of lemonade" and Ben would respond with "oh that's ok you can still have a glass of lemonade even if you don't have any money" and then he would poor them a glass! My heart melted as I heard the words come out of his little mouth. He had a ton of customers-he got so busy he couldn't keep up with his driveway customer tally! He had a cyclist who stopped and wanted to take a selfie with him, 3 of Leawoods finest, a Lowes delivery crew, an FBI agent, GG & BaPa, Grandma & PaPa Jimmy, Uncle Potty & Aunt Leah, lots & lots of neighbors and of course Abby & Will!


















 



No comments:

Post a Comment