Friday, October 10, 2014

Babies 1st Bites

Well I had postponed it as long as I could but then the "mommy guilt" started to set in and I decided we had waited long enough it was time to start the babies on solid foods. I had been dreading this day for so long...the mess, the added daily baby "chore", and did I mention the messes x 2!  I had been giving them Puffs & Cheerios the past few weeks trying to keep them happy. Will was a huge fan from the get go. Abby had to warm up to them but now can't get enough! So last Friday I decided that today was the day and mixed up some oatmeal for them. No a huge surprise but neither of them were a fan so I mixed in some baby food thinking it might help but no they looked at me like I was trying to poison them. Over the past week I have come to learn that they want people food not baby food. They seriously ate almost all of my baked sweet potato the other night but when I tried to give them baby sweet potatoes they spit them back at me. Tonight I finally got them to happily eat some baby oatmeal with baby pureed bananas in it so hopefully we can all find a happy medium between baby & people food!

No comments:

Post a Comment