Thursday, January 16, 2014

Babies:: 24, 25 & 26 Weeks

Well a few days before we officially hit 24 weeks we made our first trip to Labor & Delivery thanks to that stomach bug going around. Vince & I both came down with it and after 24 hours I called the doctor and they said I needed to come into the hospital and get fluids and monitor any contractions I was having. Thankfully I wasn't having any contractions other than braxton hicks, my blood pressure was normal and I wasn't dilated. And I started to feel better after my bag of fluids!
We met our goal of 24 weeks and are now breathing a little sigh of relief! Our 24 week doctor appointment was uneventful just how I like them! As was week 25's! The belly is growing and the babies are constantly on the move! I didn't gain any weight the past 2 weeks-I actually lost 2 pounds which no one is concerned about and we are blaming the stomach bug for. And my blood pressure has been good so no worries there!

Week 26 (this week) meant it was time for an ultrasound at my weekly appointment! My appointment was Monday instead of the usual Thursday because Vince had to travel for work and Dr P was going to be out of town as well. The babies look great! Sister is still head down! And Brother is hanging out with his head up in my ribs. Surprisingly it is more comfortable with him like that when he goes head down. Both are still looking perfectly healthy and have plenty of fluid. Sister is weighing in at 1lb 13oz and Brother is 2lbs even! My cervix length is still at a 3.4 and closed up nice and tight! The pics we get now aren't as great as earlier because the babies are bigger. Again it was hard to get a good pic of Sisters face but we did get a good one of Brother with his feet over his head! I have to take the 1 hour glucose test next week so wish me luck-I have been warned that carrying twins increases my risk of gestational diabetes.
                                                        Brother with his feet up
                                                               Sister's Face

No comments:

Post a Comment