Saturday, October 5, 2013

Ben's Big Boy Room

So before the whole arm breaking incident we had had plans to convert Ben's nursery into his big boy room that weekend. He still wasn't climbing out of his crib yet but he just seemed to be running out of room in there. After coming home from the hospital and putting Ben to bed we realized quickly that I wasn't tall enough to gently lay him in his crib without hurting his arm. Between my height and just how low the mattress was it just wasn't good.

So the next day we asked Ben if he still wanted to get his big boy bed and he said yes! He has been sleeping in normal beds on GG & Grandma's house and he sleeps on a mat at school. So Vince got to work taking the crib apart, moving the rocker out, and putting the new bed together. Luckily GG & BaPa had stopped by to check on Ben so they were a great help!

We had bought his headboard months ago at Revival and had also purchased a mattress and box spring so we would be ready when the day came. I had found a cool nightstand even longer ago and I had refinished it and the headboard back in July. I had also been collecting things for months to make his vintage transportation theme just right! I found awesome blueprints of a tractor, car, boat and airplane from New Zealand and had them framed. I found some vintage books on etsy that look super cute on his nightstand. A very cool train at a antique store. And a giant B from PBK. Ben's only request when asked what he would like in his room was "a picture of my Miles"-well that's an easy one!

 I absolutely love how the room came out and so does Ben! Unfortunately Miles also loved Ben's new big boy bed and would constantly jump on it and Ben would get upset so now Miles has moved to sleeping in the office. Ben is so good-he never gets out of his bed in the morning and after nap until one of us goes to get him. I did catch him on the baby monitor the other night jumping out and grabbing a few books off his bookshelf but he climbed right back into bed! I know it is only a matter of time before I open my eyes and he is standing there staring at me!

Baby Ben Nursery:::


In Progress:::

Ben's Big Boy Room:::



No comments:

Post a Comment