Thursday, May 12, 2011

Ben's Baptism

May 1st was Ben's Baptism! We had decided while I was pregnant that we would baptize him in KC so all of our family could be there. We had also decided long ago that we wanted to ask Patrick to be the God-Father and Angela to be the God-Mother. While we were home for my baby shower last August we ask each of them. They both graciously accepted. We are so honored to have such wonderful God-Parents for our baby. We took the baptism class back in October at our church in Pittsburgh and got "permission" to baptize Ben in KC at St Agnes. We decided that since we got married at St Thomas Moore (Vince's families parish) would baptize Ben at St Agnes (my families parish). Fair is Fair! Both my brothers and myself were all baptized at St Agnes so its pretty special to me that now Ben will share in the same tradition. When it came to the baptism gown we tried on both my brothers but they were younger when they got baptized and were too small. So we decided to start a new tradition with a new gown. After searching and searching we finally found one! It is a beautiful long gown and under it has a little white romper. I like this because the next child to wear the gown boy or girl can wear whatever they want under it.

We were truly blessed with all our family/friends who helped make Ben's day so special. Father Jerry even commented on what a large crowd Ben had drawn! We lucked out somehow and ended up being the only baptism that day. So it was great-we stay as long as we wanted and take as many pictures as we wanted! Ben was a GREAT baby during the ceremony! He didn't make a peep until of course I was trying to get a good family pic. After the ceremony we headed back to my parents who had offered to host a little reception for Ben. My Mom went above and beyond (as usual) and Ben even had personalized napkins! Thanks to all of our parents for their help making Ben's party so wonderful! (And Aunt Joie for making she delicious sugar cookies!)

Ben had such a great day! He loved playing with all his new KC friends and getting loved on by everyone! This time when the party was over I wasn't sad when everyone left...because I realized we get to see all these wonderful people whenever we want! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment