Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Ben The Kindergartner

I really don't know how its possible that we have a kindergartner in our house. It feels like just the other day we were dropping him off for his first day at MDO and how he off to kindergarten! A few days before school started Ben got to go in for a sneak-peek and meet his teacher, check out his classroom and drop off his school supplies. He was so excited! The visit finished with popsicles in the cafeteria! Which might have been his favorite part!
And then the day was upon us...Ben was off to Leawood Elementary to start kindergarten! He woke up ready to go! We got the Overbrook Road crew together for some pictures before we headed up to school. Ben was practically running down the sidewalk to get into school. I'm not going to lie I got a little chocked up as he ran through the front doors of his new school. It really hit me. We have a kindergartner. No more special days with GG or Grandma since he will be in school all day. No more sleeping in and having lazy days in our jammies playing cars. No more Ben accompanying me to Target or Costco. But instead he would be going to school everyday feeding that little brain of his with more info than I could every imagine. He would be learning how to read. How to add & subtract. How to speak Spanish. While I am so very excited for this new chapter for him it made me fully aware just how fast the years go by. Ben made his way to his classroom and hung his backpack up and promptly went to his seat. He was so excited! We said our goodbyes and I turned around as we walked out the door and he shot me a huge smile and gave me a big wave and that was it he was officially a kindergartner! I couldn't wait until pickup so I could hear how his first day was-he came out of school so happy! He said he had the best day and couldn't go back to school tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment