Tuesday, November 5, 2013

And The Babies Are...

Last Thursday we had a doctors appointment. I had been nervous for days about this appointment because I knew that the babies genders would be confirmed! Around 12 weeks our ultrasound tech gave us her guesses...Baby A was looking like a GIRL and Baby B was a BOY! I will admit I had tears in my eyes when she said B was a boy! But I was scared to death of the prospect of A being a girl. I've always imagined myself as a mom to boys-I never saw our life with a little girl in it. But as the days went by and some pink items would find their way into my shopping cart the idea grew on me! Ever since the talk of baby #2 came up Vince has said we need to have a girl so we have someone to take care of us when we get old! So when I was laying on the table Thursday and the ultrasound was just getting started the tech said B is for sure BOY! Again I had tears in my eyes! And a few minutes later she got the shot of A and yep A is a GIRL. I asked how sure she was on both the sexes and she said 100% so looks like we are having 1 of each! And now I can't even imagine it any other way! We are so excited to have one of each! So we know for sure now that the babies are fraternal so that's a huge relief to confirm we have the safest type of twin pregnancy. Each baby was measuring perfectly where they should be and each weighs in at 4 ounces. A & B definitely know that the other is there they are only separated by a super thin membrane so they can easily feel each other. Towards the end of my ultrasound B was kicking A in the face...poor girl doesn't know what she has coming with having 2 brothers. Both babies have all 4 chambers of their hearts, stomachs, bladders, eyes, ears, noses, fingers, toes, arms, legs and 2 halves of their brains. We will know more in a few weeks when we go for out anatomy scan which will look at every single part of each baby. But so far so good!

Dr. P says everything is looking absolutely great. All my blood work has been perfect as well as all the things they look at during the ultrasounds! She said to be prepared to grow through a "big" growth spurt in the next week or so. The babies will double their weight during this spurt! My morning sickness is finally starting to ease up. I have more good days than bad so that has been a very welcomed change! I'm hoping to be off the last of the morning sickness medicine by next week!

                                                                Baby Girl (A)
                                                               Baby Boy (B)

Names...Everyone has been asking us about their names! Yes they both have names and No we aren't telling! I will tell you B's name had been decided on our last trip to Marco during one of those "if we ever do have another kid and its a boy lets name him________" conversations. And A's name we figured we would just use our girl name from when I was pregnant with Ben but we just didn't like it as much as we did 3 years ago. So as we randomly threw out names one just stood out and that was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment