Monday, June 24, 2013

N.A.S.H.V.I.L.L.E

I've said it before and I will say it again...Vince is one of the best husbands ever! This year for my  birthday he surprised me with a weekend trip to Nashville! Nashville is was on our short list of places we wanted to go but have never been. I was so excited for our trip! I love when we can get a away for a few days just us and enjoy each others company without sippy cups, strollers and diapers.

We left Friday morning and I have to admit that Vince had said something strange (on accident I know now) and I kinda thought maybe Angela & Kurt may just be coming with us to Nashville. But after getting to the airport and then onto the plane and no sign of them I figured I was wrong. When we got to Nashville we dropped our bags off at the hotel and went straight down to Broadway to listen to good music and get a drink. We were sitting at the bar at Rippy's enjoying our first cocktail in Nashville when Angela & Kurt walked into the bar! I literally about fell off my bar stool. I was really in complete shock!
The rest of the weekend was full of what you would expect from a weekend in Nashville...Music, Drinks and Food! One of our favorite places was Robert's Western World which played a lot of old country and blue grass. We spent much of Saturday in and out of that place! 
We had such a great time with Angela & Kurt. It rarely happens that we are just with the two of them (minus their kids and our kid) so we really got to have a nice grow-up weekend! I feel so special that they took time out of their busy lives to come surprise me in Nashville for my birthday. A big thank you to Vince, Angela & Kurt for everything! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment