Friday, March 22, 2013

St Paddy's Day 2013

What a difference a year can make...Last year we were in shorts this year it was layer upon layer of winter clothes. Again I would like to point out for the record I am so over this damn winter. We were so excited for the parade again this year but it didn't go as I had envisioned. The morning started off good with Ben all excited to wave to the crowd at the parade from his decked out wagon! We got all dressed in our green gear and I even added a little green bling to the winter gear we had to wear. When we got to the parade it was sleeting. Then is stopped but the wind was so cold. Ben was freezing and not happy. He would not wear his gloves and just cried and cried. His cousins couldn't even get him to be happy and they never fail. He was such a hot mess that Jimmy put us in the truck to warm up until the parade started. I really thought once the parade actually started it would all be fine but I was wrong-poor kid just wanted to be held but only by me. About 5 minutes into walking we ended back in the truck and once Ben warmed up he was all smiles and ready to go! So he helped Papa Jimmy drive the float  and he had a blast doing it! And I can't say I minded being all nice and warm and waving out the truck window this year. After the parade we decided to take Ben home for a nap and then went to Vince's Moms and Jimmys house for a true Irish Feast!


No comments:

Post a Comment