Monday, December 31, 2012

Holiday Baking 2012

Another holiday tradition in our family is of course baking! Ben wanted to be involved in every step this year and while at times it was a huge mess it was worth the extra kitchen clean up time to see him having so much fun!
Peppermint Bark and Peanut Clusters are two of my favorites! So they were first on our baking list. Ben had no problem being my test taster! That kid loves chocolate!
Up next was sugar cookies. I tried to cheat and buy the mix in a bag but somehow I managed to screw the directions up so we scrapped that dough and made another batch from scratch. And of course we burnt the first batch in the oven. This was just not our day when it came to baking. After nap it was time to frost-again I cheated and used store bought icing. Yet another mistake-they just don't taste as good without homemade icing. Ben was more interested in the eating of the frosting and cookies than he was decorating which I fully expected! He had quite the sugar high that afternoon!

No comments:

Post a Comment