Saturday, December 15, 2012

Cabo San Lucas

 A month or so back Vince and I decided that we needed a vacation-a baby free vacation. So we decided to book a trip to Cabo! We left the day after Thanksgiving and were gone for 6 days. We are so lucky Ben has such wonderful grandparents that we didn't even worry about leaving him in more than capable hands. I must admit that dropping him off was pretty hard on me. But once we got to Mexico I never really worried and we got nightly emails recapping his whole day which really helped!

We stayed at the Pueblo Bonita Pacifica Spa & Resort which is all inclusive and adults only. It was great because it wasn't very big and it wasn't very crowded. I can recap our trip fairly easy in only a few words...pool, drinks, beach and eating. Yep that's all we did. We left the resort once for about an hour to go into town and do a little shopping but other than that you could find us at the pool or on the beach. We met some great new vacation friends and enjoyed spending time with them!  The food was much better than the resort we stayed at on the Riviera Maya for our honeymoon so that was a nice surprise! My favorite day was our last day when we rented a bed out on the beach with our own private waiter. It was so relaxing! Neither one of us wanted to come home-we joked about having our parents fly Ben down to us and staying!

When we got back I was so excited to see Ben but Ben was not excited to see me. He just stood and stared at me with a "how could you leave me" look. It was not at all what I was expecting. The next 24 hours he was so mad at me and kept asking for Grandma Carol or GG. It broke my heart. But thankfully it didn't last too long and we are back to normal but occasionally he will still say "no mommy go bye bye on plane".

No comments:

Post a Comment