Thursday, November 8, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday Benny Boo!

I just can not believe as of today we have a 2 year old. Where the heck did the last 12 months go? I wanted to make his birthday extra special since this is the first birthday where he actually understands (well kinda understands) whats going on. Last night after Ben was sound asleep we filled his room full of balloons! I was so excited for him to wake up this morning! About 7:20am (which is about a hour earlier than usual) I heard "BALLOON-BALLLLOOOONN"! I shot up and looked at the baby monitor and he was standing up looking around with a huge smile on his face! Vince and I went into his room and he kept saying up-out-out-up! So we got him out of his crib and he started running around in the balloons! He had a blast!
Since it was so early I decided we should make a trip to the donut shop! He ran in there so fast and couldn't get over all the donuts in the bakery case. So we got our donuts and came home to eat them!
After breakfast I knew we need to go to one of his favorite places...the car wash! Everyday he asks me to go so I knew we had to go on his birthday! I don't know why he loves it so much but he cries every time we pull out of it.
The rest of the day wasn't that exciting...we had to run to Costco for birthday party supplies, went to GiGi's cupcakes to pick out a birthday cupcake,  Da came home for lunch and then it was nap time. When Vince came home from work Ben opened a few presents! His big present this year was a kitchen! We set it up Saturday night and let him have it Sunday morning so Vince could see his reaction. He was so excited and and literally hasn't stopped cooking since Sunday! He hadn't opened a gift since last Christmas so I wasn't sure he would know what to do but he most certainly did! He ripped right in!
We wanted to go somewhere fun for his birthday dinner after a little thinking I came up with Fritz's! I knew he would love the trains and that the train brings you your food! We had quite the party...GG, BaPa, Grandma Marq (Grandpa Larry had to work), Grandma Carol, Grandpa Jimmy, Uncle Potty and Aunt Leah (Uncle Matt had to work too)! We walked in and his face lit up! He started saying Choo Train Choo...Oh My Oh My Oh My! It was so cute. We all had a blast! I think one of the best parts was when we all sang him happy birthday-he got the biggest smile on his face! It was priceless! And then I told him to blow out his candle and sure enough he took a big breath and blew it out! I think all in all Ben had a great 2nd birthday! 


No comments:

Post a Comment