Tuesday, November 13, 2012

24 Months

So it all started as a challenge to myself documenting the first 52 weeks of Ben's life-then I just couldn't give it up so I documented his next year but by months. And now we are at the end...24 months. I am in no way ready for this 2 year long photo challenge to be done but we officially are in toddlerville with Ben. Our sweet baby is now a freckled face little boy.

24 Months-Where or where has the time gone? We had Ben's 2 year check up today and I am proud to report we have a very healthy, smart, chatty little boy! He is now 27lbs 2 oz and 33 1/4". His weight puts him in the 40th percentile and his length in the 25th percentile. So we still have quite a little guy on our hands! I must admit I was a little scared of the doctors answers to two of my questions. I had dreaded asking them because they are the only two things that make him still kind of a baby...the crib and his B (binky). But the doctor said as long as Ben is happy and not climbing out of his crib (which he is not) that he can stay in it the next year if he wants. He said they made a mistake moving one of their kids before he was ready and it wasn't worth all the added drama. So I don't have to worry about his bed boy room just yet! And as far as the B goes he only has it in his bed or in the car and the doctor said he was fine having it for the next year under those circumstances. Over the past few month Ben has used it less and less so I'm not really worried about it. I think giving up the crib is going to be a much harder day for me than getting rid of the B! Ben's eating habits haven't improved much. Its still hit or miss as to when and what he eats but he is eating enough so I guess this is just par for the course with a toddler. He is talking so much more-I didn't even think it was possible but he is. He repeats literally every word you say. And he talks in 3-4 word sentences. My favorite word of his right now is coffee...when he says it it sounds like "fat free". It took us a few times until we figured out what he was saying...Da fat free-Da fat free. Ahhhh I get it...Daddy's coffee! Its so damn funny! He is still pretty fearless but I am proud to say we made it 2 years without a trip to Children's Mercy for stitches or worse so I am pleased (yes I am knocking on wood as I type)! He is learning his colors now and is getting better everyday! Tonight I told him to go pick out a coat and he said "green coat" and picked up his green fleece! He still says his name is "baby" but  if you ask him to spell his name he says B-E-N. He is still loving going to school! The director called me the other day and wants to move him up to the 2 year old room-I am not sure how I feel about that move just yet. He loves his teachers so much but I guess leaving teachers behind each year is a part of life he needs to get use too. He definitely has the Rupp dance gene. That kid loves to sing and bust a move! Cars 2 is still quite the obsession with him. He loves Mater and McQueen and they tend to go to bed with him every night. And he asks me 10 times a day to watch "car show". But he has hidden the dvd from us but luckily we recorded it off one of the movie channels so he can still watch it!

No comments:

Post a Comment