Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Operation Spray Paint

So I have a new obsession...Thrift Stores and Craigs List. I have been looking for an easel for the downstairs playroom for Ben. I finally found a very loved but cute low to the ground easel on Craigs List a few weekends ago. We picked it up for $20 and I got to work on it. A little cleaning, sanding and Vince put all new hardware on to make it  super sturdy. It's amazing what a few cans of spray paint can do! I added some paper clips and a spool of paper and its ready! I totally love the way it turned out!
Next  up was a mission to find a little wooden chair for Ben for the front porch. I had already spray painted our very sad looking chairs we had out there but thought that Ben needed a chair too. I really wanted to find 2 pint sized chairs but only managed to find one for $2.98 at a local thrift store. So I painted over the very interesting paint job the chair already had and now Ben has a cute chair to sit in when he blows his bubbles!
Last up was on old school desk Ben and I found for $13 at another thrift store on a whim when we were dropping off some donations. Again it had been very loved but I could see the potential. I though what a fun homework desk it would make for Ben in the future. So I did a little sanding, screw tightening and of course spray painting and now we have this cute desk that is hanging out in the playroom ready for its future homework partner.

1 comment: