Sunday, March 18, 2012

Marco Island 2012

                                               Our view for 7 days!


March 3-10 was our annual family trip to Florida and this year was our second year going back to Marco Island! This year we decided to rent a condo instead of getting a hotel room. And boy did we make the right decision! It was great having 2 separate bedrooms and a kitchen but I will admit we missed the pool bar a bit. I was having anxiety about the 2 legged flight we had to take. Unfortunately there is not a direct flight from KC to Ft Meyers so we had to stop in Houston and change planes. All I can say is that I hope to never fly with a 16 month old again! We landed in Florida about 2:30pm and got our bags, rental car and hit the road for our 45 minute drive to Marco. We stopped off for the necessity's for the night and then went straight to the condo. Ben went to bed early since he hadn't really slept much that day. We ordered pizza and poured our first vaca cocktails! It was perfect and the only night we actually managed to see the sunset. The trip pretty much consisted of getting up, making breakfast, walk on the beach, morning nap for Ben, lunch, beach, afternoon nap, dinner, bed for Ben and a nightcap for V & I. We did take Ben to the zoo in Naples one morning but other than that it was beach beach beach! It was perfect! I must admit I was very surprised at how much Ben loved the beach and the ocean. The kid literally ran through the sand and straight into the ocean-NO FEAR! He's going to take year off my life! It was a great trip with mostly great weather! The memories made are priceless! I can't wait for next year when we bring my parents and brothers and soon to be sister-in-law with us!
                                                                              Fearless!

No comments:

Post a Comment