Monday, September 28, 2015

S & V 10 Years


September 24th marked our 10 year wedding anniversary! Some days it feels like it was just a year ago and other days I feel like we've spent a lifetime together. In 10 years we have lived in 2 different states, 3 different cities, bought 6 houses,gone on 9 vacations, had 1 dog, had 8 cars, explored the east coast countless times, had 3 kids, 5 trips to Marco Island, and a few near death escapes (which is more than enough for 75 years of marriage yet alone just 10 years). We have had more fights/disagreements than I can count followed by just as many make-ups. We have seen each other at our very worst and our very best. Together we became parents-we created 3 of the best kids I could ever imagine. Even on our very worst days I am thankful we chose each other to love and take this crazy ride called life together. I can't imagine our next 10 years being quite as busy/eventful/life changing as the first 10 years and to be honest I'm kind of excited to take this decade at a bit slower of pace.


My parents graciously got us a suite of our choice last weekend and volunteered to watched the kiddos so we could have 24 hours away! We decided to stay downtown at the Sheridan where Matt works. Matt went above and beyond-he made sure we had a amazing room with an amazing view of the city. He had 3 bottles wine waiting for us and wouldn't let us pay for a single drink or a bite of food! One of the bottles of wine was a one of a kind design that Patrick designed for us-it is so cool! We had dinner at Pierponts at Union Station. It was our first time there and we weren't that impressed with the service or food that night but we had great wine and a great time reminiscing about the past 10 years! After dinner we met up with Matt, Patrick & Leah and headed to Tannin Wine Bar to continue celebrating! It was a great night! I honestly can't remember the last time we had gone out with just my siblings! We stayed out way too late and drank way too much wine but it was totally worth it! We were so happy they came out to help us celebrate. I haven't laughed so much in a long time! Sunday morning we got up and went to breakfast before coming back home.



On our actual anniversary we went to lunch at Rye and had plans to go to Joe's KC aka Oklahoma Joe's for dinner (our first date was there 12 years ago) but the kids had been at school all day and were hot messes so we just got take out! After we got the kids to bed we celebrated with some bubbly and cheered to our next decade! 
The 10 year traditional gift is tin/aluminum & diamonds. I stayed pretty true to tradition and much to my surprise so did Vince! I got him a 6 pack of one of his fav beers and a tin of popcorn! I also took him on a journey of "us"-a awesome KU print and cuff links. KU is where it all started and the cuff links are 3 different pairs-one representing KC, Philly & Pittsburgh. And he got me diamonds-he is getting me a halo of diamonds around my engagement ring!


No comments:

Post a Comment