Saturday, February 21, 2015

Babies:: Tubes

When I took Will to the doctor for his latest ear infection a few weeks back they knew we had had our ENT consult a few weeks ago and that we decided to give it one more ear infection before pulling the tubes card out. Well the nurse practitioner told me that when I got in the car to call the ENT and schedule the tubes procedure for both babies. And she literally meant the minute I got in the car-she handed me his number on the way out the door! So I did and we got on the schedule. I had to call Abby's cardiologist to get permission for her to have the procedure. Thankfully Dr B saw no problem with it! So February 10th came it it was "tubes day". We were a bit nervous obviously since both our babies were going to be placed under for the procedure but all went well. Abby was scheduled for 7:30am and Will at 7:45am. It was fast so that was good-less time for me to freak out. They both came out of surgery screaming but we were told that was totally normal. Once we fed them they calmed down and fell back to sleep. Will seemed to be more cranky than Abby that day but nothing a little love & baby advil couldn't help. I had a feeling Abby had a ear infection the day before the surgery and I was right so we had drops to put in her ears instead of oral antibiotics which was so nice! So far so good and we are hopeful that this will mean no more ear infections!

Pre-Op
 Post-Op

No comments:

Post a Comment