Thursday, April 26, 2012

Family Tradition

When each of us grandkids were born Grandma & Grandpa Werner gave us a special wooden gift. I got a rocking chair, Patrick got a rocking horse and Matty got a bear rocking chair. I can't remember what my other cousins got but I know they got them! I remember these always being a staple in our living room. I remember rocking in my chair with Mutt and my beek (stuffed dog and lovey) watching Big Bird aka Sesame Street. I remember Patrick flipping his rocking horse upside down and using the rocking part of the horse as a ladder while he played fireman. I remember rocking Matty's for him in his bear rocking chair when he was too little to do it himself. When I was pregnant with Ben Grandma told me to find a special wooden chair or horse for Ben. I was so excited and searched and search and finally found the perfect rocking horse. Ben is still a bit small for it but it is ready for him once he gains a few more inches! When we moved to Philly my mom gave me my chair to take so we could have it for our future babies. A few days ago I pulled mine up from the basement and brought it into the playroom and Ben ran right to it dust and all and climbed on in and sat and watched Sesame Street. I love so much that now my baby is sitting in the same chair as me 32 years ago doing the same thing. Sometimes I will just find him rocking and rocking and rocking in my chair. Love. I can't wait for the day I get to see my grandbabies rock in that chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment