Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve





Christmas 2009 is our first Christmas away from home. We decided that with all the craziness of the move to Pittsburgh we would stay here. It is bitter sweet to start our own traditions as a family this year. We are missing all our family terribly but also enjoying the time at home.
We built a gingerbread house this afternoon! It was fun but we went into a sugar coma after we got it finished!
I then started to make our Christmas Eve dinner..Cornish Hens, twice baked potatoes, grandma's stuffing and butter corn. Now keep in mind this is the first big meal I have ever attempted! And I must say I did one heck of a job! Vince told me I need to cook like that more often-it was a nice compliment! I now have a greater appreciation for the wonderful cooks in our family that make our holidays so special! We stuffed ourselves and are now debating if we have room for cookies and cheesecake for desert! I am going to bet that we will have to save desert until tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment